Tuesday, February 5, 2013

*Update*



As the quarter proceeds I have continually been looking for new ways to make my home more sustainable as well as my day to day living in order to decrease not only my carbon footprint, but also my roommates.

One way that I found after doing the original write up involved driving on the highway. I never realized how much going 10-15 miles per house truly affected your gas tank! If you were to drive 10 mph slower (65 mph to 55 mph) you will notice that the tank is not being depleted nearly as fast, up to 15% even and it is even more with 15 mph. While I don't always need to drive on the freeway, it does pertain to me when I do have to go home since I live about 2 hours south in Puyallup.

In regards to attempting to make the home more sustainable, my roommates and I have committed to a test phase by only using cold water to wash our clothes. I will update the blog to note whether or not the usage of cold water affects the cleanliness of the clothes or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment